Sunday, September 7, 2008

What a Weekend

Most weekends I spend with Wood in Indiana. I pack the van while the girls are in school with things that they want and overnight bags so we can hit the road as soon as they get home. I know that I will always hit the weekend traffic so I want to get on the road early and get the heck out of town. That is not always the way things go. Here is just a sample of what I deal with.

3:30 - Pick Sarah up at school. Kathrina rides her bike so she will meet us at the house.

3:40 - Waiting for Kathrina to get home. Still not home.

3:45 - Kathrina finally home, bike chain broken. Okay no big deal fix that on Monday.

3:50 - Sarah is hungry. Fix her a quick snack.

3:55 - Kathrina wants to bring her dog with us. This is not possible.

3:56 - Kathrina has a melt down.

4:15 - After talking with her father and asking him can she stay here with him and him saying that no he is busy she finally gets in the van.

4:20 - Start to pull out of the driveway

4:21 - Pull back in Sarah forgot to go to the bathroom.

4:30- Finally on the road call Wood and let him know that we are on our way.



After getting on to I80 and traveling about 10 miles I hit backup. For some damn reason so idiot form IDOT thought that it would be a great idea to put in a new toll way connecting the northwest suburbs of Chicago to the southwest suburbs and not adding a new lane to handle all the new traffic. We are backup from Joilet to Mokena. About 20 miles. I finally get out of that traffic and it is smooth sailing to the exit for Woods.



We get to Woods about 6:30 and put on pizza's for dinner. Friday night is always pizza night. We settle in for a night of SciFi.



I will write more about the weekend later.

No comments: